Everyday NFC” third edition has been released in November 23, 2017 at Amazon http://amzn.to/2zMK134
The 3rd edition adds recent NFC use cases, and its impact on the IoT and Industry 4.0 through the rapid advancements in technology. The information in this edition is new as of November, 2017.
“Everyday NFC” second edition has been released on October 2nd, 2014. Mobile payment, HCE, Apple Pay and new use cases are included. http://amzn.to/O76fQY
About This Book
This book is written for people who are interested in learning about NFC and want to explore what is possible for this technology. This includes application (app) developers, marketing managers, entrepreneurs, innovators and consumers who adopt new technology.
It may be especially useful for executives who are responsible for making decisions about NFC projects.
Near Field Communication (NFC) is a contactless and wireless technology that can transfer data across a short distance. It provides a simple way to distribute, retrieve and exchange data with mobile devices. It is based on Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology.
It is an innovative technology that has not yet been widely adopted. However, when consumers fully understand the benefits of using this technology, NFC will transform not only the marketing landscape, but also our everyday lives. Many business opportunities will be created during this process.
This book is divided into five chapters:
• What is NFC?: A technological overview with examples and technical summaries
• How to Use NFC: Brief summaries that describe the use of NFC phones/tags/wallet and a technological overview of the two communication modes, three operating modes and NFC secure transactions
• Who are the NFC Players?: Summary of the NFC ecosystem and various standard groups
• Where is NFC Now?: Examples of use cases that demonstrate recent NFC applications in retail environment, gaming, media and advertising, furniture, electronic pairing and mobile payment.
• Why Use NFC?: A summary of the value of NFC technology and a comparison with other wireless connectivity technologies
See my video on NFC three modes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGxfnczbUPw